Emmanuel Church London Privacy Notice
How Emmanuel Church London (“we”) use your information
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. Changes made to this policy will be updated on the website so please check back periodically.
Why are we collecting your data?
In most cases the main reasons we collect information about you are:
- Sending you information about Emmanuel and our activities
- Processing donations you have made
- Maintaining volunteer lists and records
- Managing and facilitating courses, groups, events and children’s groups
In addition, we collect personal data to provide appropriate pastoral care, to monitor and assess the quality of our services, to fulfil our purposes as a church and to comply with the law. In legal terms this is called ‘legitimate interests’. When it is required, we may also ask you for your consent to process your data. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
Emmanuel Guest Contact List
Where you have requested more information about or from Emmanuel Church London via a paper form or email, then you will be added to the relevant contact list. This is done under the basis of your consent for us to do so and is used to send you the periodic email updates via the mailing list, and occasionally directly via phone, email or post.
You can be removed from this at any time by emailing [email protected] and you may also unsubscribe from the mailing list by simply following the unsubscribe links in the emails.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, telephone number, address and email address)
- Donation Information (such as gift aid declarations, records of contributions or giving)
- Volunteering Information (such as where DBS checks are required to volunteer in some capacity)
- Characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth)
- Special categories of personal data (such as your religious beliefs)
Storing your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation. Details of retention periods are available in our retention policy which you can request by contacting us at [email protected]
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees or trustees who need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the ICO where we are legally required to do so.
Who do we share your information with?
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact [email protected]
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact [email protected]
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: [email protected]
Our mailing address is:
Emmanuel Church London
c/o The Forum at Greenwich