In 2010 four of us from Emmanuel Greenwich lived or studied in New Cross. We started meeting up and within five years the number of us living in the area and building community together had grown to around 50. We started a Sunday gathering – Emmanuel Church New Cross – in October 2016. Our aim is to live out the Biblical command to love God, each other and our neighbours well, working for the common good.
Our service includes time for singing, prayer, communion, and a talk from the Bible. We then close with an opportunity to receive prayer if you would like and time for drinks and snacks.
We love families and we run activities for children aged 0-11 during our services. We train and DBS check all our children’s workers. We also provide a space where parents can feed young children.
Over the summer we will be migrating to a new venue. Here are the dates and locations for your diary:
- 22nd July – Meeting at the Somerville Youth Club at 3pm, for our summer celebration. No meeting at Goldsmiths.
- 29th July – Last meeting at Goldsmiths at 4pm.
- August 5th, 12th and 19th – Meeting at the Odeon Greenwich, 10:30am
- August 26th – No meeting for Greenwich or New Cross
- September 2nd – Meeting at the Odeon Greenwich, 10:3am
- September 9th – New venue for this date on, Sommerville Youth Centre, 4pm
Goldsmiths Student Union
London SE14 6NW
Sommerville Youth Club
260 Queen's Rd
London SE14 5JN
Emmanuel Church New Cross is led by Ben Lindsay and a team of volunteers. Ben was born and raised in south-east London. He is married and has two children. Ben’s background is in youth justice.
Connect groups are a great first step for anyone wanting to meet other people, connect with God outside of our Sunday meetings and get more involved with Emmanuel Church. They meet at various times and in various communities around SE London and are designed to help people grow in their faith.